Better Together: We're Not Perfect But We're Growing.
Welcome to Better Together. The newsletter that believes your marriage can be amazing. We hope that you will find this newsletter inspirational and practical.
“Close relationships, more than money or fame, are what keep people happy throughout their lives.” (The Grant Study, a 75-year-long Harvard research project on human development.)
Last weeks best tweets:
1) Honesty is always the best policy.
We justify, it's just a little lie....— The Couple Project (@kn8ideas) April 7, 2022
But if it's something you can't share with your spouse you shouldn't be doing it!
2) Saying "I love you" can be fun!
I wrote “I Love You!” on our bathroom mirror in lipstick this morning.— The Couple Project (@kn8ideas) April 8, 2022
What are fun ways you have said "I Love You" to your spouse?
Don't let the romance die. Flirt. Make marriage fun!
3) We're not perfect but we're growing.
Our marriage isn't perfect.— The Couple Project (@kn8ideas) April 7, 2022
We're still learning and growing.
Join us, as we learn and share about creating an amazing marriage.
4) Being present is an important part of sex.
Sex is needed in a marriage.— The Couple Project (@kn8ideas) April 5, 2022
Good sex requires putting away distractions and insecurities.
Be present and have fun with your spouse.
5) Saying "I love you" in a way your spouse will understand is important.
It doesn't matter if you do something nice for your spouse.— The Couple Project (@kn8ideas) April 3, 2022
It matters if your spouse feels it’s something nice.
6) Build your marriage together.
Marriage is two people working together to build a great relationship.— The Couple Project (@kn8ideas) April 9, 2022
- It's sacrifice.
- It's giving without expecting in return.
- It's keeping commitments even when you don't feel like it.
- It's love as an action.
7) Invest in your marriage and see it grow.
Our marriage is important enough to invest in it!— Hope & Kadero | Everyday with H&K (@everydaywithhk) April 4, 2022
8) If you aren't willing to sacrifice for something it's not that important to you.
“I can’t afford it” = “I’m not making it a priority”— 💫Mrs. Tomasone💫 Pot Stirrer Extraordinaire (@limitlessleila) April 7, 2022
9) Intimacy creates a home.
A house without the warmth of intimate touch is not a home. 🙏❤️— Building Great Marriages (@dovidfeldman) April 7, 2022
10) Create great relationships by putting in the work!
Healthy relationships are not found.— 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕯𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖉 ☀️ The Quit Porn Strategist (@KingDavidQPS) April 4, 2022
They are built.
11) Your marriage begins after the wedding, be ready to put in the work to make it amazing.
Couples that are dating or engaged,— Tyler Todt (@tyromper) April 10, 2022
Society will tell you to focus on making a beautiful fairytale WEDDING.
I would urge you to focus more on becoming a righteous man & a virtuous woman so you can make a beautiful MARRIAGE.
12) Nakedness between spouses is healthy and needed.
The best marriages are built on total openness, honesty and trust.— Trey & Lea's Stronger Marriages (@StrongMarriage5) April 4, 2022
For example: That means being willing at any moment to swap phones with your spouse without worry of what they will find.
Do you have this kind of trust in your marriage?
Help us by filling out our anonymous survey!
Now, go give your spouse a hug and tell them you love them!
Written and published by Nathan & Kelli.